Thursday, December 15, 2011

Beating the Winter Time Blahs


I’m not sure what happened, but this last weekend nothing got done at my house. I had a whole “To Do” list ready (I LOVE making lists!), but aside from going to the grocery store and making sure a little laundry got done, we were LAZY. Here’s a big secret… I didn’t even take a shower one day! Oh my! I won’t tell you which day it was in case you saw me in public that day. ;-) My husband and I decided it was the cold, gloomy, crummy weather that just sucked all the motivation out of us. We vowed not to let it happen two weekends in a row because neither of us felt good about our lack of productivity. Here are some ideas of ways to avoid having a weekend like we did (I plan to follow my own advice!):

·        Make a list (much like this one!) and put it somewhere you can’t help but see it – like on the refrigerator.

·        Cross things off said list. It’s very satisfying!

·        Make plans with friends or family so someone is counting on you. Invite people over for dinner or a game night. I don’t know about you, but inviting people over motivates me to clean the house like there’s no tomorrow!

·        Make it a point to get some exercise in – even if you do nothing else the rest of the day, you’ll feel great knowing you did something good for your health. 

·        Shower. Don’t be like me.

·        If you’re going to veg-out in front of the TV, at least make it a true “veg” session and have some veggies for your snack instead of junk food.

What other fun things do you do to beat the winter time blahs?

- Dr. Emily :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment