Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Tradition


Here it is - 2012. Most people make resolutions this time of year and then promptly break them. So why not do something different this year? I have to admit, I got this great idea from a fantastic local photographer, Karilyn Sanders (who happened to do our maternity, birth, and newborn photos for Laramie!). Her idea was to dedicate the New Year to a word. Just one word. Click HERE to read her blog. 


I’ve decided that my word of the year will be PASSION. I am going to dedicate myself to sharing my passion for chiropractic and natural parenting with those around me. It just happens that this New Year brings with it the beginning of my professional career as a chiropractor which will greatly impact the ability to reach my goal. I will literally have the opportunity to “touch” the lives of others through chiropractic. My goal is to help our practice educate those in the community that chiropractic isn’t just about low back pain – it’s about living life to its fullest potential.  And those of you who I’ve talked to about pregnancy, birth, and child rearing know that I can go on for HOURS talking about all the ways to support the growth of our future generations naturally. I’ve decided to put all that passion into classes about Natural Parenting. In fact, my first class is January 15th and will be covering Natural Remedies for Common Conditions, Natural First Aid, Baby Wearing, and Cloth Diapering. I’m really, really excited about sharing this information. I’ve been harboring all this passion for chiropractic and natural parenting during my years at school, and the time has finally come for me to let the cat out of the bag. 


What is your word for 2012 and how are you going to express that word in your life?

- Dr. Emily :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment